Thursday, September 16, 2010

Afternoon Naps....

I remember when Moo was first born....when she slept in the afternoons, I would join her and we would both wake up happy. Since taking on so many commitments, I haven't been able to indulge in this pleasure for such a loooong time.

But today....my body begged me to stop, to retire to our beautiful comfy couch, to close my eyes and relish in a few afternoon zzzzzz's! And boy do I feel refreshed.

Before my sleep I was in zombie-mode....I honestly felt like my body was walking, talking, eating but my brain was already asleep. At lunch, Mr H was talking to me and I looked at him, and responded....but ten minutes later, I had no recollection that he even spoke to me! That he when he begged for me to take a nap.

And I did....and so did Moo.

When was the last time you treated yourself to a nap? When you listened to your body and obeyed? I recently watched a segment on OPRAH called 'Overwhelmed'....it was a definite eye opener - to stop, and not live MY life in the fast lane. I managed to find the segment on her website...give yourself 15 minutes to read this....it may save yours and your families lives.



My baby indulges in an afternoon sleep every day....doesn't it look DIVINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment