Friday, October 1, 2010

the latest with Dalli....

My little business has been going nuts lately....much to my delight! I have been receiving orders left, right and centre and have been keeping the postie fit with all my fabric arriving in the mail!

My latest creation (which I had so much fun making) has been a 'one-off' dress to be placed in a raffle for The Jillian Cupples Bursary.



The Bursary is a very special cause which I hold close to my heart. My dear friend Georgie who I went to school with since Year 3 (I think!!) lost her beautiful sister, Jillian, in a horrific car accident. Jillian was such an amazing lady - only 28 years old when the accident occurred. She was the most loving daughter, sister, friend and teacher. After the accident, they promised to always ensure that they would keep Jill's passion for education ALIVE!

So this is how the Bursary has come about...

This Bursary is to assist families wishing to send or who have their daughters enrolled at Fairholme College Toowoomba (the school both my sister and I attended from Years 1 - 12). We know a child’s education is very important; however it can be costly for parents. Parent’s will always find away to provide their daughters with the best education they can by finding the tuition and boarding fees, however it is the extras that often parents find hard to afford. Example new uniforms, sports coaching/equipment, music lessons, extra tuition fees this list is endless.

The bursary recipient will be decided by the committee from the recommendation of Fairholme College staff, to be given to the young lady on the Fairholme College Founders day each year starting 2011.

Fairholme College was chosen as the recipient school as it was Jillian’s alma mater. This is where Jillian discovered her love of learning and helping friends and fellow school mates achieve their full potential anyway she could.

There are so many terrific prizes in the raffle along with a Dalli creation!! Be sure to visit their Facebook page to order tickets and support such a fantastic cause. At the end of the day, our children are our future.

Further contact details: If you would like to purchase raffle tickets please contact Georgie Cupples: 0400 493 449 or if you would like to make a tax deductible donation to the Fairholme College Fondation/The Jillian Cupples Bursary: 07 4688 4688

No comments:

Post a Comment