Monday, April 5, 2010

Counting my blessings....

When life throws you lemons....just take a moment to take a step outside your life and take a peek through.

We got home from our Easter break today and were horrified to see our freezer door slightly ajar and dripping. Hundreds of dollars of meat was sitting there thawed and wrecked.........



We then put a load of washing on....and soon had a lake in our laundry.



We went to give Macie her bottle and the water filter was empty.

We then said to ourselves.....what more could go wrong?

To be honest - a few swear words went flying with the steam coming out of my ears.

But then I saw this....



Our little family of 'Lousy Jack' birds playing in our sprinkler! We have a family of about 10 birds who greet us daily with their beautiful chirps and playful nature. They made us all smile and realise how beautiful nature is.

And then I saw this....



Baby Moo supervising Mr H cleaning up the lake of water in our laundry! She was soon sitting on his lap while they inspected the reason for the leak. Enough to make my heart want to explode.

And then I saw this....



Mr H playing with Baby Moo outside and enjoying the sunshine.

My beautiful family are completely irreplacable. The puppies will love the meat from the freezer, the meat can be purchased again and my washing machine can be fixed.

So I am counting my blessings....and I realised I am rich - with love and happiness - and what more do I need??

No comments:

Post a Comment